I Tried Pole Dancing!

I like to work out the same way your dog likes to take medication.            I don't...Which is why I constantly have to trick myself into just walking inside a gym.

Rap yoga? Fun!
Weight lifting? Not for me. 

So when a friend asked if I wanted to take a pole dancing class, of course I was like "Hell yea!" 
I mean, have you seen the abs on those girls? They're the abs of my dreams! Those women twirl around the pole with Michelle Obama arms! Plus I work at a lingerie store...How could I not tag along? This was an opportunity to live life brazenly. (see what I did there?)

If I was going to pull the wool over my own eyes, this would be how. Call it the hidden pill in my cold cuts. This was going to be fun.

So I dug up my tiniest pair of workout shorts and headed over to Lovely Lioness Pole Dance & Ariel Fitness in Neptune.


After accidentally walking into the hairdresser next door...(WHOOPS) My friend got me settled at a pink yoga mat and I met the other girls. With our instructor included, there were only four of us in the studio; and I have to say, I was a little relieved. 

I was so afraid that I'd be in a big class with women who all knew what they were doing...and that I would just have to try and follow along.

From @lovelylionesspoledance via Instagram

But that was not the case! Our instructor Autumn, was absolutely fantastic!

She made sure she knew everyone's level of experience; so it was almost like having a one-on-one lesson with two other people! While one girl practiced her moves, she showed me some beginner ones; and as I was practicing those, she moved on. 

And let me tell you...I broke a sweat. 
The next day I had sore muscles that I didn't even know I had!


But it was sooo worth it.
Because for the first time in awhile I felt strong. I felt sexy.

And the funny thing is...even though we were all different skill levels and practicing different things, everyone in the class still seemed to be on the same page and really supported each other!

It was the kind of environment I love; and it reminded me about our store. 

Photo from Yelp.


At the end of the day, it's not about selling bras or getting a rock hard body...it's about supporting women and helping them gain confidence. 

Whether that's by finding the right fit, getting fit, or just reminding each other that "You got this!"

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, go out of your comfort zone and do something you never thought you'd be able to do. Whether thats trying on sexy lingerie, rocking a crazy new haircut, or like me, tricking yourself into going to the gym. 

You might just enjoy it :)
 
 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Interview with Parfait Lingerie! (PART TWO)

Smooth Transitions